Tuesday 25 December 2018

1983 (s01)- review


Hello! Today I'm coming to you with 1983, which is my biggest disappointment of this year. It's a Polish first Netflix production and this is the reason why I expected something special, but I was wrong. The series is about alternative reality of Poland in 2003 as a result of the terrorist attack in 1983 which also caused keeping Poland as a police state and the Iron Curtain standing. A law student and a cop are solving the conspiracy.


The main character is Kajetan Skowron (Maciej Musiał). This character is quite interesting, but by the time, in every episode he becomes more and more boring, wooden and predictable. His actions and thinking sometimes are so stupid that when I was watching it, I had to stop and think if that's even for real. To be honest, this role wasn't played well by Maciej, he just didn't show the atmosphere of the whole idea.


Second important person to this story is Anatol Janów (Robert Więckiewicz). He's a cop, who wants to know the truth about  his country's history and the death of Kajetan's parents. He has strong and resolute character, however, Więckiewicz disappointed me the most in this series, because I think that he's a great actor, but in 1983 he didn't do his best.

Why my opinion of this series isn't really glowing? That's because of plastic dialogues, bittiness and  many meaningless scenes. I was watching it with difficulty. I think that this series lost it's potential and it's a shame.

I hope you liked this post, see you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment