Tuesday 13 November 2018

Orange Is the New Black(s01-s06) - review


Hello! Today I'm coming to you with something different than before. Orange is the new black isn't a really serious, strictly criminal series, but the past of the heroines applies to it. This is the original Netflix production and has been broadcast since 2013. It's based on Piper Kerman books and talks a story about Piper Chapman (funny convergence of names haha) who was sent to a female prison in Litchfield for 15 months for a crime commited years ago. I warn you, it has many theards of LGBT (and when I say 'many' I mean 'really a lot') and I know that it doesn't suit everyone.


This series has many important characters, but it would be difficult for me to describe them all, so I choose three of them, which are rather the most recognizable. As first I'm going to introduce to you Piper Chapman (Taylor Schilling) and Alex Vause (Laura Prepon), they are together in the series, but they are different from each other. To be honest, Piper isn't a very bright person, she often takes misguided deeds, for which she later regrets. She's rather annoying character and many viewers can support this opinion. On the other hand, Alex is calm and intelligent person, she usually makes sensible decisions (except for being in prison). She avoids conflicts, tries to explain things diplomatically. However, they are in love and have popularity in Litchfield by that!


Third relevant character is Galina 'Red' Reznikov (Kate Mulgrew). She's the chef in prison and she's from Russia. In my opinion the actress who was playing Red did the great job, because this person is full of simplicity and honest feelings, she stole my heart from the beginning of the series. Some of girls in Litchfield call her 'mom'. She's also bitter if needed. 

The most in this production I like the fact that there are real people in it, who are forced to live among themselves, so there is no place to pretend to be who they aren't. This series makes us aware of the features that emerge and shape in a human when it's in a place like prison.

I hope you liked this post, bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment