Tuesday 31 January 2017

K-dramas are so popular!

Hello!
Today I will tell you some things about K-dramas.
What is Korean drama? Well, Korean drama refers to televised dramas in the Korean language, made in South Korea, mostly in a miniseries format. We can say dramas are analogue to our normal TV series, but it's only quite true. K-dramas have distinctive features that set them apart from television series and soap operas made elsewhere.
To my surprise when I first watched it, a K-drama doesn’t have to be a drama the way we usually use this word. A K-drama can be a romance, action-thriller, mystery or comedy. In fact, lots of K-dramas are comedies. How can a drama be a comedy? This makes sense once you realize the word K-drama isn’t derived from the English word drama, but from the Korean word 드라마 or deurama, which refers to any scripted television show.
South Korea started to broadcast television series in the 1960s. Today's mini drama has format of 12–24 episodes.



Korean dramas are popular worldwide, partially due to the spread of the Korean Wave. Actors, who are playing in those dramas also became popular cause of the Wave.  If you want to know more about Korean Wave you should check my last posts :)
In my next posts I will recommend to you some awesome dramas I've watched.
See you soon!
/Karotka

No comments:

Post a Comment