Sunday 1 January 2017

P38 Lightning

Hi everyone !

Yup , I know I'm late with that post but I just couldn't write it ealier...

Today I'm going to teach you about P38 Lightning... What is it ? It's just that kind of stuff:
Isn't it beautiful? By the way , it's my first post about warplanes. So let's get it started !

History:
This plane was created for the contest from 1937 , that USAAC made for the new two engine long range fighter. It had to fly with speed over 580km/h on the altitude of 6100m and 466 just above the ground.It had to fly with it's top speed on 6100m for at least one hour. It waas a very good concept and it won. There were few versions of it :
P38
P38D
P38E
P38F
P38G
P38H
P38J
P38K
P38L
P38M
Pathfinder

Have you ever readen "Little Prince"? I just want to give you preety sad fact. Antoine de Saint-Exupéry was flying the recon version of P38 and he was shot down over Marseille , and of course he died.
 Technical thingies:
Year of serial production beginning:1941
Year of army use ending : 1965
Max speed : 665 km/h
Max altitude: 13 400m
Range: 2000km
Lenght:11.53m
Height: 3.91
Crew: 1pilot


So , as always at the end of my posts , here's a video with equipment on use:
 
And another one :
 

So , It's the end of this post , I hope you enjoyed it !

See ya!
//The Typical Loner

No comments:

Post a Comment