Tuesday 28 February 2017

Ottoman Empire #2

Hello !

Today I'll tell you about the most powerful women in Ottoman Empire.

Kosem (1589-1651)

She lived in Ottoman Empire during the reign of six sultans, three times she was a regent as the mother of Murad IV and Ibrahim, and grandmother of Mehmed IV. Kosem came from Greece, she probably was the wife of Sultan Ahmed I. As the only received title of Valide-i Muazzama (magnificent mother). Kosem was murdered at the behest of  Turhan Hatice.


Turhan Hatice (1627-1683)

She was one of the eight Haseki Sultans of Ibrahim I, she wasn't his legal wife. In 1642 Turhan born, future sultan, Mehmed IV. When Ibrahim died in 1648, her son took authority so she should become the Valide Sultan. But Hatice was too young and Kosem got this emplacement. She was too ambitious to pass up this position, Turhan decided to kill Kosem.


I hope you like my post :)
See you soon! 
Weruka 



No comments:

Post a Comment