Tuesday 28 February 2017

Ottoman Empire #3

Hello !

Today I'll tell you about the best Sultan of Ottman Empire. During his government's, Empire turned the top of power.

Suleiman was born in 1494 as the son of Selim I and  Ayşe Hafsa. He was the tenth sultan of Ottoman Empire. He led a lot of wars. Conquered Rhodes, Buda ( today Budapest), Belgrade and Baghdad. Suleiman liked to wrote poems, in his works he signed Muhibbi. Sultan wrote the most poems to his wife Hurrem. 
This is one of them:
Throne of my lonely niche, my wealth, my love, my moonlight.
My most sincere friend, my confidant, my very existence, my Sultan, my one and only love.
The most beautiful among the beautiful ...
My springtime, my merry faced love, my daytime, my sweetheart, laughing leaf ...
My plants, my sweet, my rose, the one only who does not distress me in this room ...
My Istanbul, my Karaman, the earth of my Anatolia
My Badakhshan, my Baghdad and Khorasan
My woman of the beautiful hair, my love of the slanted brow, my love of eyes full of misery ...
I'll sing your praises always
I, lover of the tormented heart, Muhibbi of the eyes full of tears, I am happy


Suleiman took care about culture. His main architect, Sinan built a lot of beautiful buildings, for example, Süleymaniye Mosque in Istambul. It is the second largest mosque in the city.


I hope you like my post :)
See you soon! 
Weruka


No comments:

Post a Comment