Sunday 30 November 2014

(Everything I Do) I Do It For You

'(Everything I Do) I Do It For You' is a song recorded by Bryan Adams. It was written by him, Michael Kamen and Robert John 'Mutt' Lange- he was also a producer. It was released on the 18th of June 1991, and is considered a soft rock power ballad. The song is featured on the soundtrack album to the movie called 'Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves'.

Bryan Adams, the man who recorded '(Everything I Do) I Do It For You', is a Canadian singer, song-writer, musician, producer, actor and photographer. He specializes mainly in rock music. He  can play guitar, piano, bass guitar, harmonica. Adams has sold over 100 million records, which makes him one of the world's best-selling music artists.

Adams won a Grammy Award For The Best Song Written Specifically for a Motion Picture or Television in 1992. He was also nominated for an Academy Award for Best Song, but unfortunately he lost.  '(Everything I Do) I Do It For You' was a number 1 hit on many charts and it sold over 15 million copies worldwide.

This is a very well-written and melodious song. It also is very uplifting. Bryan Adams' voice has a more rockier, harsh sound to it but I think it compliments the song nicely.



Poster promoting the movie 'Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves'

No comments:

Post a Comment